TIPS ON ASKING FOR HELP
1. Ask for help before frustration and anger take over. This is the first and most important step. If you’re an “overdoer” and want to handle things by yourself, it may not be as easy to identify what exactly you’ll need help with. Take a few minutes to ponder this.
2. Leave behind feelings of shame and embarrassment. Just because you’re asking for help doesn’t mean you’re a failure. It’s actually wise and very successful strategy because it will save stress and time.
3. Talk to someone who you’re close to, if you’re feeling a bit intimidated asking for help from someone else. Maybe they can point you in the right direction. Think about what will happen if the situation is not dealt with and all the weight is on your shoulders.
4. State clearly what it is that would be helpful and be specific. People generally want to help they just need to know exactly what is expected of them.
5. Abstain from whining when you’re doing too much; it will turn people away. Be positive and you’ll have the support of people around who will often pitch in on their own if they feel you’re deserving or help because of the kind of person you are.
6. Say ‘Thank you‘. Always be grateful and appreciative when someone has done something to help.